Initiative Assets develops Social Media Platforms to help make the world a smaller place. We feel so strongly about it that we are releasing our Base Application as Open Source software to help others in their quest to develop social tools for their business. AE-BaseApp is currently where we are putting all our time. To that end the following are the primary goals of AE-BaseApp.
Primary Goals of AE-BaseApp:
- One of the biggest challenges of any software project is dealing with Internationalization. AE-BaseApp is designed to make Internationalizing the software easy.
- Common Social Media APIs
- Provide access from within the base application to most common Social Media APIs out of the box.
- AE-BaseApp Open API
- Develop open APIs to aid others in integrating with our base applications. If there is one fault of many of the current generation of Social Applications it's that your data is locked up tight. You can't download it, you can't allow others access to it outside the social network. You have very little control over how the network uses your data. We want to change that.
- Data Liberation
- The concept that your data belongs to you and you should have total control over what happens to it, how it is shared or not shared, and providing granular access to it.
- Ad Provider Framework
- Switching between Ad Providers shouldn't require totally rewriting your code. AE-BaseApp already provides basic functionality and many improvements are on the way.
- Built-In Federated Identification
- Tracking down all the information to use Federated IDs can be very time consuming. AE-BaseApp comes pre-configured with Federated Identification via Google Authentication, OpenID, and OAuth.